Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Hideki Yamane

On March 25, 2008 at 8:33AM +1100,
anibal (at debian.org) wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:26:36PM +0900, Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:
> >I'm his sponsor for the jd package since 2006 and think that he
> >should be allowed uploading for the reviewed packages.  He will
> >be a good Debian Maintainer.
>
> Please tell us why he will (or is) a good package maintainer. :)

His active packaging/translation/bug reporting works convinced me
he has done a good job for Debian Maintainer.  His impressive work
I can remember immediately is that he contacted with the ttf-kiloji
upstream to change the license from non-free to main and then
packaged it for Debian main.

I'd like to advocate Hideki Yamane for Debian Maintainer status.

Thanks,
--
Tatsuya Kinoshita