AM Report for Dmitry Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>

Report for new developer applicant Dmitry E. Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0xF8E26537:
   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key F8E26537 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/F8E26537 2006-11-21
      Key fingerprint = 1B23 D4F8 8EC0 D902 0555  E438 AB8C 00CF F8E2 6537
uid                  Dmitry Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>
sig!3        F8E26537 2007-07-06  Dmitry Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>
uid                  Dmitry E. Oboukhov <dimka@uvw.ru>
sig!3        F8E26537 2007-07-05  Dmitry Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>
uid                  Dmitry E. Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>
sig!         C9132DDB 2007-06-29  Nikita Youshchenko <yoush@debian.org>
sig!         2ECF984B 2007-07-02  Alexei Nikolov (passport id)
<alnikolov@narod.ru>
sig!3        F8E26537 2006-11-21  Dmitry Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>
sub   2048g/E13967F4 2006-11-21
sig!         F8E26537 2006-11-21  Dmitry Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org>

1 signature not checked due to a missing key
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   I'm 32 now. In 1996 I graduated from the North-Caucasian State
Technological University, where I studied industrial electronics.
Later I studied post-graduate course in Moscow Power Engineering
Institute and for a long time worked in the sphere of hardware
and software development for power electronics.

  I became enthusiastic about Linux at about 1998. The first
Debian distributive I got acquainted with was potato.

 At about 2003-2004 I and my colleagues at work developed few
embedded-projects for Debian. However I began to think of
maintaining and their uploading into Debian repository only in
autumn of 2006. Naturally the first DDds to whom I appealed were
my compatriots. I was very surprised to discover that practically
all of them aren't rather active in Debian now: it takes a lot of
time to receive their help or even just to divert them from their
occupations — for example in order to receive their signature for
a package to upload. There was a moment when I was sending mails
in search of a sponsor for two months and I understood that I
should become a DD myself

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: unera
   Forward-Email: dimka@avanto.org

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Dmitry has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Dmitry committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Dmitry has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of fluxbox, hedgewars, iat, ogamesim and rhkbf.
   He also maintains two packages in contrib.
   The packages are in good shape.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for bugs.
   His social skills are also excellent. He is very friendly, responsive and
   motivated to learn new procedures.

   I recommend to accept Dmitry as a Debian Developer.