Re: DM advocation for Martin-'Eric Racine

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> There in fact WAS peer review of this code. There WAS an audit which
> in fact has resulted in an upstream rewrite. This was already pointed
> out to you.

I fail to see the link between the fact you added setuid rights and that
the upstream code got reviewed at some point. Care to elaborate ?

> > A person who ignores pointers to failed build logs when they are handed to
> > him and insists instead that his package has no release-critical bugs should
> > not be allowed archive upload access.
>
> As reported back then, I could not reproduce that failure to build. It
> took several days until the Python transition had completed and
> required dependencies had trickled down to Testing, at which point I
> could finally reproduce the issue and fix it.

This is a pretty lame excuse. I used to use testing as my main desktop
machine, but you always can setup a sid chroot for your Debian
development. In fact, you _HAVE_ to use sid to make sure that your
packages build in a sid environment similar to those of the buildd.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog