Re: DM: Arthur Loiret

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:03:17PM +0000, Arthur Loiret wrote:

> Hi,
>

> My AM suggested me to apply as Debian Maintainer.
>

> I'm currently in the NM process, at T&S step.
>
> I hereby do agree to uphold the Social Contract and the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines in my Debian work. I also do accept the Debian
> Machine Usage Policies.

  Arthur has completed P&P without any issue.

  I also happen to be his sponsor and have watched him especially on his
excellent work on gdc. Packing compilers is a quite complex task, and he
deals with this really well.

  I'm going to see him take over the llvm[0] packing (was formerly
maintained by Al Stone) to package the new 2.1 release. Given the
complexity and the wide range of issues packaging llvm will raise, this
will be my way to make him pass his T&S.

  Meanwhile, he has a couple of packages really easy to maintain, and
I'm planning to let him deal with them on his own, while I continue as
both a sponsor and an AM to follow his more complicated packages (namely
gdc and llvm).

  I recommend his application without reservations.

  [0] llvm is an assembly language designed to be a compiler IR, to
      write compiler backends and JITs.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit