Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

Hi,

On Saturday 17 November 2007 11:05, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> While I agree with Jose getting upload rights I veto his inclusion into
> the DM keyring, for the sole reason that he is already past me and
> "only" waits for James to do the last step of adding his key and giving
> Jose his login details.
>
> That same reason is true for all the other nearly 30 persons currently
> in that queue. DM should step in somewhere between P&P1 and P&P2 for
> NMs.

I think I disagree (not fully sure if it's sensible :)

As you wrote, "DM _should_ step in..." but if this didn't happen, I don't see
why Jose (for example) shouldn't become a DM now. Being DM will enable him to
work (alone) and he has proven to be captable. So, let him become DM now - as
you said, he should have become DM some time ago.

And sure, this duplicates work (but of different people) and is a bit silly
(that's why I'm not sure its sensible). As are many workarounds.

regards,
	Holger