AM report for George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>

Report for new developer applicant George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x0E4BD0AB:
   ID check passed, key signed by several existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   4096R/0E4BD0AB 2003-03-18
         Key fingerprint = 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22  5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB
   uid                  George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>
   sig!         9725F63B 2005-06-27  Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
   sig!         9BF42B07 2005-10-05  Anton Zinoviev <zinoviev@debian.org>
   sig!         90D2295F 2005-11-26  Ognyan Kulev <ogi@triangle.bg>
   sig!         2B46A27C 2007-04-03  Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net>
   uid                  George Danchev (no comments) <danchev@spnet.net>
   sig!         9725F63B 2005-06-27  Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
   sig!         9BF42B07 2005-10-05  Anton Zinoviev <zinoviev@debian.org>
   sig!         90D2295F 2005-11-26  Ognyan Kulev <ogi@triangle.bg>

   23 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   Well I've been in touch with free software since 98/99. My first
   experience with it was a ancient Slackware installation (4.0 and/or
   7.0). After an year or so I discover Debian (via free software
   geeks and friends of mine). I was charmed by the solid package
   management system, bug tracking system, procedures, rules, habits
   and the organization as whole. And here I'm more than 5 years
   Debian user ;-). I've been reading some official debian mailing
   lists for years along with a local one which is populated with
   bulgarian speakers only.

   One of my lovely doings is to present the Free Software as well as
   Debian strenths (and also sometimes problems) to my colleagues and
   friends. We have been working on some unofficial Debian related
   initiatioves together with the above mentioned people. Some of them
   read:

   http://www.debianbookbg.org (old and almost unsupported online book
   in bulgarian, which enlighened many bulgarian Linux users about
   Debian internals, do's and dont's and so on... the official
   documentation is recommaned of course)

   ftp://ftp.uni-sofia.bg/debian-addons-bg/  - a unofficial debian
   repo, populated with packages created by us. This serves as our
   local debian-mentors repository along with a mailing list
   (bulgarian native speakers, but english is also an option).

   I've also took part in creation of http://openfmi.net a-la
   GForge/Alioth/SourceForge/etc portal primary for local developments
   (only free software is developed).

   I've also my packages in official Debian archive, which are
   sponsored by debian-ocaml@ group. Currently these are: ara,
   ara-byte, xara-gtk-byte. These are group maintained at alioth's
   svn. I'm also subscribed at
   pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org and have svn access to
   that svn repo, but my prospective new package kiax (kiax.sf.net)
   has license issues which should be addressed as well before hitting
   the official archive.

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: danchev
   Forward-Email: George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>

3. Philosophy and Procedures
   [George's NM process was originally handled by Blars Blarson. I
   took over to finish the application.]
   George has a very good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. George committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.