AM report for Mohammed Sameer <debian@foolab.org>

Report for new developer applicant Mohammed Sameer <debian@foolab.org>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0xA3FD0DF7:
   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/A3FD0DF7 2002-08-15
      Key fingerprint = 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
   uid                  Mohammed Sameer <msameer@foolab.org>
   sig!         63E8BE82 2005-07-02  Ayman Negm <negm@debian.org>
   sig!         3B0BB9A9 2006-09-20  Teemu Hukkanen <tjhukkan@iki.fi>
   sig!3        A3FD0DF7 2004-09-25  Mohammed Sameer <msameer@foolab.org>
   sig!3        A3FD0DF7 2005-04-18  Mohammed Sameer <msameer@foolab.org>
   uid                  Mohammed Sameer <debian@foolab.org>
   sig!         63E8BE82 2005-07-02  Ayman Negm <negm@debian.org>
   sig!         3B0BB9A9 2006-09-20  Teemu Hukkanen <tjhukkan@iki.fi>
   sig!3        A3FD0DF7 2004-08-30  Mohammed Sameer <msameer@foolab.org>
[...]
   24 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   I came across GNU/Linux and the free software world in late 2000/early
   2001, I can't really remember. The 1st distro I use was winlinux2000,
   I've got a copy from "The windows users magazine, ME" and this was the
   best I can get at that time when I had dial up.
   I continued digging until I was able to get a copy of red hat 7.0, A few
   months and I switched to mandrake 8.x
   Later came Debian woody, in late 2002.

   I was originally a pharmacy student and I have a bachelor degree in
   pharmaceutical science, I always wanted to be a coder and I was able to
   achieve this with GNU/Linux.

   I've been volunteering since I discovered the Egyptian GNU/Linux community,
   My first experience was through Linux-Egypt (linux-egypt.org). Later, We
   forked and founded the Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group (eglug.org) because
   we didn't have enough freedom.
   [...]
   You ask me why ? As I said, I wasn't able to be a coder except under the
   GNU/Linux environment, The great developers and people out there gave me
   a life and great software "not always :-)" where I can use to develop, Run
   my box, Run my server,... Useful software, The least thing I can do is
   to give back to the community.

   The FLOSS community gave me a job and the least I can do is to try and
   improve it.

   I really feel joy when I write a piece of software or a patch and find other
   people using it. And I feel that I'm a human being when I volunteer for
   something, Give a session about GNU/Linux or FLOSS, Teach someone something
   new, ... etc.

   I also still think that we still need things to fully support Arabic under
   GNU/Linux and if I "I = the Arabic community" don't do it, No one will.
   And I'd love to be part of the Debian project to make life better for the
   Arabic community as much as I can and because I see a handful of software
   that will benefit the Arabic user and I think it'd be better if they are in.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Mohammed has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures.
   He answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   All packages are in good shape.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
148: Flame