AM report for Florian Ragwitz

Report for new developer applicant Florian Ragwitz:

1. Identity verification
------------------------

ID check passed, key signed by existing DD.

Output from keycheck.sh:

  Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
  Receiving and checking key
  pub  1024D/8E635A5E 2003-07-14 Florian Ragwitz <florian@gnoppix.org>
       Key fingerprint = E8DC 91A1 B7BE E5AB C172  47EE 742F 2A42 8E63 5A5E
  sig!    4743206C 2004-06-28   Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de>
  sig!    C3B2FCDE 2004-06-30   Gergely Nagy <algernon@bonehunter.rulez.org>
  sig!2   94C09C7F 2004-06-27   Peter Palfrader
  sig!3   C4CF8EC3 2004-03-17   Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
  sig!3   A1696D2B 2004-06-27   Laurent Fousse <laurent@komite.net>
  sig!3   BD8B050D 2004-06-27   Roland Rosenfeld <roland@debian.org>
  sig!3   514B3E7C 2004-06-27   Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de>
  sig!3   7E7B8AC9 2004-07-02   Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
  sig!3   9B7C328D 2004-07-02   Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
  sig!3   248AEB73 2004-07-08   Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
  sig!3   07447252 2004-07-30   Thorsten Sauter <tsauter@gmx.net>
  sig!3   8E635A5E 2003-11-14   Florian Ragwitz <florian@gnoppix.org>
  sig!3   8E635A5E 2003-11-14   Florian Ragwitz <florian@gnoppix.org>
  sig!3   307D56ED 2005-01-12   Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
  uid                        Florian Ragwitz <flora@cpan.org>
  sig!    C3B2FCDE 2004-06-30   Gergely Nagy <algernon@bonehunter.rulez.org>
  sig!3   7E7B8AC9 2004-07-02   Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
  sig!3   07447252 2004-07-30   Thorsten Sauter <tsauter@gmx.net>
  sig!3   8E635A5E 2004-06-30   Florian Ragwitz <florian@gnoppix.org>
  sig!3   9B7C328D 2004-11-09   Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
  [... several other uids ...]
  sub  1024g/4CCD1743 2003-07-14
  sig!    8E635A5E 2003-07-14   Florian Ragwitz <florian@gnoppix.org>

  Key is ok

Florian writes:

  I'm an 18 year old student from Germany. I study computer sience and
  psychology at the University of Technology in Chemnitz.

  I've been using Debian, which was the first Linux Distribution I really
  used after playing around a bit with Redhat and SuSE for some weeks, for
  nearly 3 years now, after a friend recommended it to me. My first
  experiences with Debian weren't very smooth, but after a while the
  learning-curve was getting really steep. So until now I use Debian on
  almost every machine I work on.  My work mainly consists of developing
  small- and medium-scaled Perl applications, so one of my main interests
  in Debian is to improve the quality and quantity of Perl packages.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Florian has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.

He gave good answers to all my questions about the Social Contract,
DFSG, BTS etc.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

Florian maintains aegis-virus-scanner, crip, libaudio-file-perl,
libaudio-moosic-perl, libdata-sorting-perl, libdevel-ptkdb-perl,
libfile-scan-perl, libgtk2-ex-volumebutton-perl,
liblwp-protocol-http-socketunix-perl, libnet-jabber-perl,
libnet-xmpp-perl, libogg-vorbis-header-pureperl-perl,
libquantum-superpositions-perl, libtext-english-perl,
libxml-opml-perl, libxml-simpleobject-enhanced-perl,
libxml-simpleobject-libxml-perl, libxml-simpleobject-perl, perlindex,
podbrowser, wmibam, and wmmaiload, as well as co-maintaining several
other Perl packages.  Florian is part of the Perl group, and has
worked with Marc Brockschmidt, Martin Wuertele and Joachim Breitner,
among others.

He answered my Tasks and Skills questions without problems.

I recommend accepting Florian as a Debian Developer.

Moray.

--
Moray Allan
http://www.morayallan.com/