Re: public criticism (was: Re: Concerning NM Andree Leidenfrost <aleidenf@bigpond.net.au>)

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> > I *fully* disagree.  Public criticism is the way of life in Debian.
>
>  Noone would have thought of anything else but you advocating this...
> But if you want to advocate it you must be able to handle it, right?
>
> > If applicants can't handle that then they're likely to be unhappy in
> > Debian.

Oh, I wouldn't say that.

Personally, I'm quite happy in Debian.  It's just the attitude of a small
minority among the others that I *really* cannot stomach -- but unfortunately
cannot avoid -- and which makes me shy away from the whole thing.

Life is too short to waste arguing with arrogant elitists with an overblown
sense of their own self-importance.

:)
msw@startext.demon.co.uk                      http://startext.demon.co.uk/
GPG pub key : 8D6B948B  ECC6 D98E 4CC8 60E3 7E32  D594 BB27 3368 8D6B 948B