--------------------------
pub  1024D/E61612A5 2002-09-13 Joseph Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>
sig!3       EA291785 2003-01-30   Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org>
sig!3       E61612A5 2002-09-13   Joseph Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>
sig!3       EE6DC66A 2003-02-06   Jaldhar H. Vyas (Debian GNU/Linux) <jaldhar@debian.org>
sig!        0B5D2768 2003-05-13   Robert A. Del Greco (Personal Address) <rob@delgreco.net>
sub  2048g/1870C37C 2002-09-13
sig!        E61612A5 2002-09-13   Joseph Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>

Joseph's key is signed by Matt Taggart and Jaldhar H. Vyas.
ID check passed.

Background
--------------------------

Joseph writes about himself:
| I was first introduced to Linux at college, while studying for my
| Bachelors in Electrical Engineering.  Back then, we were using Red Hat
| 4.2.  As I got to know Linux better, I tried different distros including
| Slackware, Suse, and some others that don't exist anymore...  I finally
| tried Debian slink, and shortly after potato was released.  The relative
| smoothness of the upgrade from slink to potato hooked me, and it's only
| gotten better since!  So ended my quest for a Linux distribution. :-)
| Since then I've been enjoying the fruits of other people's labor and I
| decided it's time for me to contribute back to Debian.
|
| When I join Debian, I would like to join the listarchives team.
| Recently, I have been working with Josip Rodin and Matt Kraai to close
| some of the long outstanding bugs, and I hope to continue doing this.  I
| also would like, time permitting, to help out the d-i team get the
| installer in shape.  I just got a machine that I can fool around with,
| so I will probably start testing the daily builds of the net install
| shortly.  Of course, I would like to continue to maintain my current
| packages, and package software that I feel will be useful to many Debian
| users (as opposed to packaging something just because I use it / think
| it's cool).

Philosophy & Procedures
--------------------------

Joseph understands and agrees with the Debian Social Contract and the
DFSG.  He has read and agrees to abide by the DUMP.  He did an excellent
job answering my questions on the policies and procedures of Debian.
P&P check passed.

Tasks & Skills
--------------------------

Joseph already has two packages in Debian (fceu and vtprint) and
I've looked over them and they are packaged well.  Both packages meet
Debian's policies, have few existing bugs against them and
generally appear to be well cared for.  Joseph is also familiar with
listarchives and has been helping out on -release.  T&S check passed.

Conclusion
--------------------------

I recommend Joseph be added to the Debian ranks so that he may maintain
the packages he already has in Debian directly, continue to help Anthony
Towns with release work, more easily help Josip Rodin with the list
archives work, help with the debian installer and generally do more
excellent work for Debian and our users.  Anthony contacted me directly
via IRC and explained that he'd like to see Joseph become a DD due to
some of the work he's already done on -release.  Joseph has also
expressed interest in performing NMU's in this time of '0-day' NMUs.  I
contacted Josip on IRC and spoke with him and he said that the list
archives team is 'argueably understaffed'.  Joseph has done work in the
past on the list archives and has stated that he would like to continue
that work after becoming a DD.

	Thanks,

		Stephen Frost
		Application Manager