Re: RM omins, om, vcf

Tim Blechmann wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:13:46 +0100, tim hall wrote:

Joost Yervante Damad wrote:

I am suggesting RFPing ingen and Orphaning om so as to put the kind of
entries in the WNPP list that might attract an interested DD.
In this sense I understand your reasoning. I'll orphan om. However I
won't file a RFP for ingen, as I don't plan on using it, if anyone else
plans to use it, they should file a RFP :)
I've just submitted an RFP for Ingen. Feels a bit like putting out a
Message in a Bottle. We shall see. :)

ok, i would suggest to request a removal for om & omins in order to be able to remove the horribly broken vcf filters ... at least if no one adopts the om packages and volunteers to fix the vcf filters ...

No-one is likely to adopt om. Ingen replaces it, which shouldn't have the same dependencies. Om will have to go if it's the only thing holding up the vcf filters.

The search to find a maintainer for Ingen is a separate issue. :( Any offers?

I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get my packaging skills up to speed someday soon. ;)

cheers,

tim