Re: [Fwd: RFC/RFS: rosegarden4: music editor and MIDI/audio sequencer]

Hi,

> > You're added, could you do svn-inject ?
>
> OK, I ran svn-inject. its in:
>
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/demudi/rosegarden

Okay, checked out.

> Here are the things people should be aware of:
>
> The previous build of rosegarden4 build-deps on gcc3.4 for 3 arches that
> were previously getting ICE with gcc4.  I changed that back hoping that
> whatever was causing the ICE has since been fixed. (the arches in
> question are {arm, hppa, m68k}.

I'd probably ignore them for now; not quite sure if they're really
better off working around compiler bugs this way.

> The manpage in the package is docbook2man generated and authored by the
> previous maintainer, but I haven't been able to locate the source, or
> the previous maintainer.  The manpages are licensed GFDL with no
> invariant sections no front or back cover texts.  So the license is free
> according to GR 2006-01, but the missing manpage source is troublesome.

Argh. Removing the auto-generated parts, it looks like sane nroff
stuff, not too hard to edit.

> There are two new binaries that as of right now don't have manpages:
> rosegarden-lilypondview, rosegarden-project-package.

Can you craft nroff pages?

> I moved the meat of the package from rosegarden4 to rosegarden and made
> rosegarden4 a dummy package.  Please double check that I have correctly
> setup the inter-package dependencies correctly.

debian/README will need updates.

I'm not sure Conflicting against 'rosegarden2' only is enough.  Have
you tested upgrades in the case of 'sarge has rosegarden[2] installed
and user upgrades'?

> Thats all I can think of for now.  Let me know how it looks.

I'll need to allocate some time to get this working.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project