Re: [Fwd: RFC/RFS: rosegarden4: music editor and MIDI/audio sequencer]

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 08:17 +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > > Free, are you fine with the idea of using
> > > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/demudi for rosegarden as well?
> > >

> > My account on alioth is stew-guest.  I'd need to be put into the demudi
> > group.
>
> You're added, could you do svn-inject ?

OK, I ran svn-inject. its in:

svn://svn.debian.org/svn/demudi/rosegarden

Here are the things people should be aware of:

The previous build of rosegarden4 build-deps on gcc3.4 for 3 arches that
were previously getting ICE with gcc4.  I changed that back hoping that
whatever was causing the ICE has since been fixed. (the arches in
question are {arm, hppa, m68k}.

The manpage in the package is docbook2man generated and authored by the
previous maintainer, but I haven't been able to locate the source, or
the previous maintainer.  The manpages are licensed GFDL with no
invariant sections no front or back cover texts.  So the license is free
according to GR 2006-01, but the missing manpage source is troublesome.

There are two new binaries that as of right now don't have manpages:
rosegarden-lilypondview, rosegarden-project-package.

I get these linda warnings:

W: rosegarden; Shared object /usr/bin/rosegarden is linked with version 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 of libssl.

This is becuase liblrdf0 is old and needs to be rebuilt.  I filed a bug
to request it to be rebuilt:

Its aparantly waiting on some other package.  I have talked on irc with
both the maintainer and with vorlon about it.

I moved the meat of the package from rosegarden4 to rosegarden and made
rosegarden4 a dummy package.  Please double check that I have correctly
setup the inter-package dependencies correctly.

Thats all I can think of for now.  Let me know how it looks.

thanks,

stew