Re: New packages I'm planning to work on

|--==> Dana Olson writes:

  DO> Qsampler (based on the included debian/ dir from the source)

The included debian/ dir should work fine, but just FYI:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qsampler/
http://archive.64studio.com/pool/main/q/qsampler/

  DO> Unless Free says otherwise, I won't work on gmorgan (Free has an ITP
  DO> #338691, which I based my Dapper package on, although I had to change
  DO> a bunch of stuff to get it accepted).

If you wish to maintain it for Debian as well, it's fine  for me. As a
general rule I think we should try to  maintain everything directly in
Debian,   and let derived  distributions   (as Ubuntu) pull  in things
without the need of patching them (whenever possible).

  DO> Most of these are already in Ubuntu Dapper or sitting in Dapper's NEW queue.

Very good.

  DO> It should be rather easy to get these working on Debian, I just need
  DO> to learn about what exactly I have to do. My time is somewhat limited,
  DO> but Junichi is going to help me I think (hope). :)

Yes, it's probably just a matter of polishing up the source packages.

Cheers,

Free