Re: xburst-tools package needs build under a MIPS cpu machine

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 14:55 +0800, Xiangfu Liu wrote:

> I have a debian package name 'xburst-tools'
>    http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xburst-tools.html
>
> but there is a bug about this package:
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=613610
>
> those three binary package needs compile under a mips machine
>
> can someone help me about this. thanks.

I don't have any MIPS hardware nor a NanoNote to be able to test it.

I guess the best sponsor would be someone with a NanoNote containing the
xburst CPU. Probably not many Debian members own one of these devices so
you might need to donate/loan one to Debian.

It might be acceptable for a sponsor to build the software in a Debian
install running under qemu-system-mipsel, but you would need to build
under qemu and test the resulting firmware on your NanoNote to ensure
that it works before your sponsor uploads it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise