Re: Maybe a Problem with "tip22"

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 01:35:28PM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 02:39:05AM -0700, Edwin Kwan wrote:
> > Hi Guido,
> >
> > 	Your package tested out OK.  I only have an Indy.  So I only tried "tip22".
> Thanks for testing! I've uploaded a new version to unstable.
>
> I'm not sure what's the correct procedure to get the installer images
> rebuilt with that for the next point release though. Can somebody from
> debian-boot shed some light on this? I assume it includes uploading a
> new arcboot version to stable-proposed-updates but is that enough?
> Cheers,
>  -- Guido

I believe what needs to be done is:
 1) Propose an arcboot update for squeeze. You can coordinate this
    with the stable release team on debian-release@l.d.o. Please
    include a debdiff vs. current squeeze.
 2) Once that's accepted, we need to ask the mips buildd maintainer to
    ensure this update gets included in the squeeze chroot(s).
 3) Finally, we need to do a d-i rebuild (which we usually do with
    each point release anyway). You can coordinate with me on that.