Re: Cobalt Qube2 Installation Problem: UNIT BOOT FAILED

Back from my trip.

I've tried all suggestions as to how to get my Cobalt Qube 2 to run Debian, and nothing seems to work. I've tried different memory, hard drives, serial cables, host machines, serial versus ssh, lenny vs squeeze vs gentoo, replaced the cmos battery, etc.

I thought Gentoo would be my savior, but I'm getting occasional Kernel Ooops and unaligned memory accesses there. I'd chalk it up to bad hardware, except that NetBSD appears to install and run flawlessly.

One last try, though. When running the gentoo installer, I'm dropped into an ash shell with busybox. In this state, I should be able to manually install Debian on my  hard drive. The problem is, I'm not experienced enough to know how to do this. Is there documentation somewhere that would walk me through such a manual install?

Thanks!