Re: Diskless SGI Indy - auto boot PROM settings?

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 04:54:06PM +1100, Tom McAvaney wrote:
> Yes, that's the thread I meant - I am bviking at Nekochan (I suppose
> we obsolete MIPS hardware geeks are a pretty small community!)

Hahahaha, that's the second time this happens to me - I sold a Sun U10
to someone here in the region a while ago, only to find out *later*
that I already had PM contact with him about an Indigo2 on Nekochan a
while before that... Yup, it's a small world. :-)

> I assume you've already found this old post (to this list actually):
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-mips@lists.debian.org/msg02195.html

> The prom settings quoted as working there are as follows:
> setenv SystemPartition bootp():
> setenv OSLoader linux.pongo
> setenv OSLoadPartition /dev/nfs
> setenv OSLoadOptions ip=bootp

Yes, I've seen that one - but discarded it... Now I'm rereading it I
notice that I've completely and utterly misinterpreted that post - DUH!
For some odd reason, I thought that "pongo" would be some kind of
special loader, rather than a host name. I feel stupid now... Anyway -
thanks a mil for reminding me of that post, I'll experiment with that
tonight or tomorrow.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org