Re: SGI O2: Clock problem and Bind9 problem after upgrading to Lenny

* Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * NPG <nathan@cmpublishers.com> [2009-02-24 12:13]:
>> To add insult to injury the lenny kernel will only stay up for about
>> 15 min.
>
> Someone reported a similar problem on a Qube2 but we other people
> couldn't really reproduce it.  Do you have any special workload, or
> will the machine hang/crash when you just do normal tasks or leave it
> idle?

The last time I ran it with the lenny kernel, I just booted it and
walked away.  I returned 20 minutes later to find it had hung.  The time
on the display was five minutes behind the one on the wall.  Both clocks
are usually in sync as they get their time from the NTP infrastructure.

When logged into the machine I notice a lot of network connections
stacking up in the netstat output.  This continues until even basic
tools such as ps & less won't function.  Then its time to reboot.