Re: WRT54G Support?

Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
* Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net> [2006-02-14 06:32]:

I finally drove in and installed OpenWRT on my WRT54G 1.1, but now
that I've played with it, I was hoping to install a more complete
distro, like debian.

I thought this device didn't have a USB port.  How/where do you
install Debian?

FWIW, I'm currently running Debian on a Netgear WGT634U, a
mipsel-based router with wifi, 5 port switch, 32 MB RAM, 8 MB flash
and a USB port so you can connect a hard drive.  I installed it
manually and compiled my own kernel, but I am working on getting
debian-installer to work on this, and similar devices such as the
WL-500g*, running.

Sounds a really nice device. I am really interested in it, to replace my old K6-2 400 which starts to make noise + my wifi access point + one of my switches.

Would it be possible to give us a litlle more details? Personally I am interested to know if the Wifi part is working correctly, if it is possible to configure the vlan part in a different manner (for example 1 + 1 + 3 for WAN + DMZ + LAN). Also how fast is it to route IP traffic? For example which bandwith should I expect when routing traffic between to ethernet port, with a dozen of iptables rules? This is important for the DMZ <-> LAN part.

My questions are very specific, don't bother to find the answer them if you don't know it :)

Thanks,
Aurelien