Re: WRT54G Support?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:16:59PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> Well, I'm willing to put in some work, but I'd prefer that I didn't brick
> my system. :P  I guess I just need to 2x I have boot_wait on before I
> flash a kernel on.

The risk of bricking the box is not so serious with the WRT54G if
you build the JTAG cable described on

http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Troubleshooting

and make a backup of your flash contents before flashing
something new. This of course requires soldering in a connector
to the PCB, which is a small risk, but it is doable.

Regards,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>