Re: WRT54G Support?

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 16:01, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2006-02-14 15:48]:
> > > put back a minimal form of that code rather than move to udev.  I do
> > > not know what effect this has on the rest of the patches but you might
> >
> > No, that's not a problem; the mips patches are in separate files.
> > I've successfully combined with with the Debian mips kernel.
>
> FWIW, the main problem to get them merged into upstream is that
> there's still lots of ugly Broadcom code in there that is very, very
> Linux-unlike (i.e. generic layers so the code works on various
> platforms).
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> http://www.cyrius.com/
I guess they took that direct from Broadcom, and no-one has
tried to rewrite it as they have many other things to do.  Actually
they currently have to spend time re-merging the patches with
every new kernel so it would be in their interest to get them
included, but I am not sure how much they simply take what
Broadcom gives them and how much (at the kernel level) they
do themselves.

David