Re: pip install --user broken in debian testing?

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 08:36:20PM +0000, Barry Scott wrote:
> > That's the new intended behavior. I you want non-debian python packages, install them in a non-debian python via virtual environments.
>
> The idea is to prevent installing into /usr not preventing install in $USER I hope.
You can read the idea in the document that was linked in the message you
got.
To quote it, "This applies both to system-wide installs (sudo pip install)
as well as user home directory installs (pip install --user), since
packages in either location show up on the sys.path of /usr/bin/python3."

Please aso note that debian-mentors@ is not a support channel, that would
be debian-user@.