freeze policy - open requests for sponsorship

Hello,

Now that the freeze period has started, some of the open requests for
sponsorship are now invalid because the packages don't conform to the freeze
policy.
http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

With "open requests for sponsorship" I mean not only the RFS bugs but also the
packages at mentors marked "needs a sponsor = yes".
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=sponsorship-requests
http://mentors.debian.net/packages/index

Here are some numbers of open requests for sponsorship, and the part "in
Debian" means "in unstable or in experimental" in this context :
total : 236
for package in Debian : 79
for package in Debian with RFS bug : 45

I see no problem for the 236-79=157 requests for packages not yet in Debian.
The current freeze policy allows these packages to be uploaded to unstable, at
least how I read the current freeze policy.

For the 45 requests "for package in Debian with RFS bug" we currently use the
severity of the RFS bug to indicate whether the package fixes RC bugs.  I
suggest to change that now.  I suggest to use the severity of the RFS bugs to
group the requests into "for wheezy" with severity "important" and "not for
wheezy" with severity "normal".

For the 79-45=34 requests "for package in Debian without RFS bug" I suggest to
open RFS bugs for the packages meant for wheezy.

I suggest that the person requesting sponsorship indicates whether the package
is meant for wheezy, and that reviewers comment on the RFS bugs and on the
pages at mentors on whether the package conforms to the freeze policy.

Comments on these suggestions ?

Regards,

Bart Martens