Re: RFS: bibtool

Le Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 04:23:00PM +0100, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:14:15PM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> > The debian/copyright was corrected as well:
> > lintian failed to detect non ASCII chars.
>
> Because they're perfectly fine.  You're not supposed to mangle the names of
> copyright holders, etc.
>
> It should use UTF-8.  I somehow can't seem to find a policy paragraph
> specifying this (an omission?), but at least common sense specifies that :p

And in the particular case of this package, that uses the machine-readable
copyright format, it is indirectly mandated by the Policy:

 DEP 5: The syntax of the file is the same as for other Debian control files,
        as specified in the Debian Policy Manual. See its section 5.1 for details.

 Policy §5.1: All control files must be encoded in UTF-8.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan