Re: proposed new pseudo-package 'debian-mentors' for handling sponsoring requests

Arno Töll <debian@toell.net> writes:
> On 19.01.2012 15:30, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

>> As said, I don't think there's a problem distribute .dsc and
>> diff.gz/debian.tar.gz files.  (which still allows a limited review.)

> Discussing the idea, I pointed out, you can still hide non-distributable
> files in debian.tar.gz if you really wanted to, in times on 3.0/quilt.
> That pretty much rules out this idea, sadly.

Also, even without worrying about malice, unified diffs include
substantial portions of the original code.  If the original code is not
redistributable, the unified diff of a patch is going to be a derivative
work in most cases and also won't be redistributable.