Re: Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-rpaf

> You seem to misunderstand the DM status.

I don't think so, but thank you for explanation.

> It is not a Debian Developer
> Lite. It does not mean you, as a DM, are trusted to upload any given
> package to Debian at any time.

It just a meaningless thing for now.  See below.

> If you got DM status you can earn trust of a sponsor for a _particular_
> package by getting upload rights for that package only. This means, your
> sponsor trusts you to upload and manage _this particular_ package all
> alone. It does not mean, he trusts you to manage any package.
>
> Thus, you need to start from scratch for every new package again and
> convince any sponsor of a that package again that you're deserving
> upload rights for that package.
>
> That's also why many people are upset if
> DMs set the DMUA flag for the very first upload themselves.

For example, that was not "a very first upload" (of mod_rpaf) for me.
But next time I should convince new sponsor and so on.

At the end, there is a lot of Linux distributions.  Bureacracy tends
to disappoint people, not vice versa.