Re: Alternative dependencies

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:23:41 +0200
Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > Build-Depends: xsltproc | xmltoman | xmlto, docbook-xsl | xmltoman
> > | xmlto
>
> This would be a correct rewrite to CNF, but ...
>
> > Or would it be better to choose one and stick to that for the sake
> > of consistency?
>
> ... there isn't much of a point doing it here for Build-Depends. The
> situation is definitely a different one for Depends, but for
> Build-Depends just go for one of the choices, in the interest of both
> consistency and simplicity.

Which would you recommend? I'm leaning towards xmltoman. Although it
depends on some perl packages they were all already installed when I
installed it; I guess anything with dh already has a lot of perl stuff
installed. xmltoman makes for a much simpler command than xsltproc. So
does xmlto but it has a lot of dependencies that I don't normally have
installed otherwise.