Re: berlios closing; where should my projects escape to?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 00:02:04 -0500
Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> wrote:

> Perhaps this is offtopic, but there are so many packagers here,
> perhaps I can find an answer.
>
> Berlios is closing, I have two small projects, GPLed, that use
> subversion and publish tarballs, where should I go?
>
> I looked at sourceforge, but they are always sending me adds. Too
> comercial for my taste.

tuxfamily.org provides VCS and web services etc for free software.

Pros:
* You can use your own domain.
* Runs on OSS

Cons:
* No ready-made web applications, you have to set up your website
  entirely yourself. Some people may prefer that flexibility though.
* No bug tracker and the web hosting doesn't include python, so you
  can't use trac. flyspray can be used though.