Re: berlios closing; where should my projects escape to?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> I also think that Bazaar is easy enough to learn for both experienced and
> inexperienced developers/dvcs users.  I can't think of a single contributor to
> e.g. GNU Mailman or python-mode.el that has told me they won't contribute just
> because it's not maintained in git.  I can usually get people started with
> bzr, Launchpad, and merge proposals in an email that's not much longer than
> this reply. :)

I think people tend not to contribute at all to projects using a VCS
they don't like.

For example I might stop putting off the Mailman stuff I promised to
work on (porting the Indymedia patchset to mailman 3) if it wasn't
using bzr.

The only thing I don't like about git is that non-git remotes are not
able to be treated in exactly the same way as git remotes.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise