Re: RFS: gedit-r-plugin (updated package, needed for gedit 3.0 transition, NMU)

Le Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:23:42AM +0200, Tobias Hansen a écrit :

> This is the new upstream release. The whole point of this NMU is
> updating to it. I also did all changes I wanted to do already,
> except changing the copyright file to DEP-5. Should I still orphan
> the package?

Ah, I did not realise it is a new upstream release, as I am from the old school
who was raised under the principle that it is too intrusive for a NMU.

But in that case, it does not seem to matter, as it is more a ‘no-maintainer’
than a ‘non-maintainer’ upload.

Orphaning would, in my opinion, better reflect the situation of that package.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan