Tracking RFSs as bugs

Hi,

I've been thinking about how mentors works lately (after watching
Asheesh's debconf11 talk).  It seems like the 4 day response effort
worked somewhat well for a while, but kind of tailed off, and I've been
pondering what could be done instead that would have some staying power.

I've noticed that the release team has a lot of success addressing their
issues in a rather timely manner.  I think that this success comes from
the fact that they treat all of the items they need to accomplish as
bugs [0].  So, as requests get old, they notice that and do something
about it (or they just close it out if the submitter isn't responsive).

Anyway, I think mentors could greatly benefit from a similar work flow.
So, I was wondering if there were any thoughts on setting up a
mentors.debian.net pseudo-package [1]?  It seems like all of the
existing ones are debian.org features, so I'm not sure if that would
require mentors becoming an "official" .org service first or not?

Anyway, I think this could be a really significant improvement to the
mentors culture.

Best wishes,
Mike

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/release.debian.org