Re: RFS: dylandotnet
Dylan Borg <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The new package now with a -5 has been succesfuly uploaded to mentors
> complete with original source.
While I will not sponsor your package as I neither know nor care about
.Net, I did take a short look at it and noticed several problems:
- The source for several files is missing from the package, at least
one file seems to be copyright by Microsoft. Shared libraries
available in other packages should be used instead of bundling an
In any case, all licenses and copyright holders need to be documented
- I'm also not sure that the binaries will actually be built from
source during the build process as, for example, the source files
(*.dyl) include references to other source files using absolute
- The upstream tarball includes quite a lot of files that are generated
by ./configure (such as Makefile, config.log and others).
- Why does the package build-depend on devscripts? Why on
- You seem to misunderstand what debian/watch is used for. It should
look for new upstream releases and is unrelated to the package being
in the Debian archive. See uscan(1) for details.