Re: RFS: minidlna (updated package and FTBFS fix)

Hi Kilian,

Kilian Krause wrote:
> Salut Benoît,
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:36:51PM +0200, Benoît Knecht wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0.21+dfsg-1 of my
> > package "minidlna".
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/minidlna/minidlna_1.0.21+dfsg-1.dsc
>
> 1. Your upoad uses a tarball that's not identical to upstream's one. Please
>    consider adding a get-orig-tarball target to debian/rules to verify what
>    steps are required to generate it.

Yes, that's what the +dfsg in the upstream version is all about; I've
replaced the icons.c file, which contained binary blobs of possibly
unfree images. I've included a script to generate it, but not a
get-orig-source yet, as I'm not sure how to achieve the "this target may
be invoked in any directory" part of the policy. Any advices welcome.

> 2. The 1.0.20+dfsg-2 never made it into Debian. Changes generated
>    accordingly. Please double check next time.

I'm not sure what you mean. I did some changes before 1.0.21 was
released and checked them into git; the next version came before I had a
chance to submit that one, so I added a new changelog entry and recorded
further changes there. I actually prefer this to merging the changelog
entries together, but maybe I should have tagged the previous version as
UNRELEASED.

> 3. Your patches don't use DEP-3 headers. It would be nice to have them to
>    see which of those have already been pushed upstream etc..

I'll consider it, but right now I'm using the format generated by
git-format-patch, which I find quite convenient.

> Anyway, built, signed, uploaded.

Thanks a lot, for the upload and for the review.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht