Re: RFS: mgen

Hi,

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mgen".
>
> * Package name    : mgen
>   Version         : 5.02-1
>   Upstream Author : Naval Research Laboratory <mgen@pf.itd.nrl.navy.mil>
> * URL             : http://cs.itd.nrl.navy.mil/work/mgen/index.php
> * License         : Open Source
>   Section         : net
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> mgen       - The Multi-Generator for IP network performance tests

Err, no:

W: mgen source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch
W: mgen source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep
W: mgen source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)
I: mgen source: debian-watch-contains-dh_make-template
E: mgen: helper-templates-in-copyright
W: mgen: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
I: mgen: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 4497kB 92%

[...]

Anyhow, despite these the package looks pretty much ok; and all of the above
should be easy to address. Just two more issues that need to be resolved:

- The package ships PDF files; please rebuild them from source as part of the
  package build process; I suppose all the necessary sources are part of the
  package anyhow.  Otherwise we will be in trouble and those files will have to
  be removed.
- Your debian/watch file is slightly broken: the final src-mgen-(.*).02.tar.gz
  should probably be src-mgen-(.*).tar.gz, otherwise the Debian package will be
  reported as being newer than upstream.

Two further nice-to-have changes: Use dh 7 simplified debian/rules; this would
immediately address the first two lintian warnings. Moving debian/copyright to
DEP-5 could go along with the fix of the error reported by lintian.

Hope this helps,
Michael