Commit hooks for Git and no tarballs ?

Dear all,

this thread reminds me of a problem I had in a similar case.

When I track the upstream branch, merge it in the Debian branch, our commit
hook sends one notification per upstream commit on our packagers mailing list.

To reduce traffic, and to avoid confusion between changes made by the packagers
and changes made by upstream developers, I would like these merges to generate
a single notification similar to the one after pushing the result of a
git-import-orig command.

Are there people already using such a setup ?  I would be interested to copy their
commit hook.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy