Re: RFS: alarm-clock-applet (updated package)

On Monday 28,March,2011 10:46 PM, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> [...]
> Hi,

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your patches. I've looked through them, and I think I'll accept just
the second one (regarding --watchfile). Comments are interleaved below:-

> Bearing in mind that I'm not a DD yet and cannot really help you by
> uploading the package, what do you think about the attached four patches
> that IMHO might improve the packaging a bit further?
>
> - get the CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables from the dpkg-buildflags
>   tool introduced in dpkg-dev 1.15.7

Shouldn't these be automatically exported before the build process? At least, I
believe this is what has been used previously. Was there anything wrong with that?

> - properly pass --watchfile and not --watchfie to uscan ;)
Applied and uploaded to mentors.debian.net, thanks.

> - no need to pass the changelog name to dh_installchangelogs since 7.0
Well yeah, but it still didn't detect the ChangeLog, for some reason, so I added
it there. I should probably debug this issue and file a bug on debhelper.

> - bump the debhelper compatibility level to 8 with no further changes
If there's no reason for it, so I'd rather not bump the compat level (and the
version of the debhelper build-dep) unnecessarily.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin