Re: RFS: wav2cdr (updated package)

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 01:58:06AM -0600, Tony Palma wrote:
> El Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:08:26 +0100
> Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> escribió:
>
> > Hi Tony,
> >
> > I finally got around to review this package.
> >
> Thanks! and sorry for delay.
>
> > > Dear mentors,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.3.3-12
> > > of my package "wav2cdr".
> > >
> > > It builds these binary packages:
> > > wav2cdr    - Converts wav files into CD-ROM audio file format
> > >
> > > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> > >

> > [...]
> >
> > The package is mostly ready for upload, I just noticed two issues:
> >
> > - You updated the Standards-Version to 3.9.1 but did not document
> > this in the changelog. Did you also check back with the checklist
> > whether updating without changing anything was ok?
> Oh, I always start changing the Standards-Version, and i don't
> understand very well what do you mean with your question, you are
> asking if I checked for changes in other files in debian/?

I think what Michael is asking is whether you've read through
the upgrading-checklist file (which is part of the debian-policy package)
to see if the changes in Debian Policy really do not affect your package,
or if there is a chance that some of the changes in Policy means that
your package needs to change in some way.

You can find the upgrading checklist in the /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/
directory in several formats after installing the debian-policy package.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@space.bg    roam@ringlet.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.