Re: RFS: kstars-data-extra-tycho2 (third try)

On Martes 23 Noviembre 2010 22:45:20 Benoît Knecht escribió:
> Hi Noel,
>
> Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
> > On Lunes 22 Noviembre 2010 11:14:21 Benoît Knecht escribió:
> > > (Since your package doesn't depend on any kde4 stuff, you need to make
> > > sure /etc/kde4 exists.)
> >
> > Yes. I relied implicitly in having at least kstars itself installed.
> > Which is the best way to fix it? It can be (to my knowledge) a patch
> > with the directory empty, or a command in debian/rules or debian/preinst
> > creating it.
>
> What about skipping the debconf stuff if that directory doesn't exist?
> It doesn't really make sense changing the kstars configuration if it's
> not even installed, does it?

Will work as a patch. But if installing in a computer with KDE as a whole,
since debian/config is executed before installation, it can happen that the
dorectory gets created. On the other hands, questions will be asked in
postconf, so this will work.

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Along the same idea (minimizing user prompting), I think it would be a
> > > good idea to read kstarsrc and see if action/get_data is already set;
> > > if it is, don't prompt the user. Also, it would be better to just edit
> > > that file instead of overwriting it.
> >
> > I think I will not be able to do that on a first iteration (I'm not a
> > genial programmer). If the package enters without this, I will myself
> > set this as a wishlist bug. If you require it, I will work hard for it.
>
> I'm not in a position of requiring anything, these are all just
> suggestions (I'm not a DD and I can't upload your package).

I thought you were :)

Thanks

Noel
er Envite