Re: esekeyd and triggerhappy (Re: RFS: triggerhappy)

Stefan Tomanek wrote:

> I think
> merging the two programs would be difficult. Although young, triggerhappy
> has accumulated quite a few features that would require a redesigning many
> aspects of esekeyd (multiple devices, command socket, multiple config files).

This information could be useful for both package descriptions.
(Maybe, for triggerhappy:

	That is, this is similar to esekeyd but it also supports
	<such and such>, allowing you to <such and such>.

and for esekeyd:

	This package does not do <such and such>; for that, see
	triggerhappy.  In the simple situations it does handle,
	esekeyd is {simpler to configure | compatible with the
	old funkey daemon | more conservative in its use of
	resources | providing a different interface that existing
	users might be used to | whatever}.

)  As you can see, there are some placeholders because I do not know
the packages; I am just saying it would be nice to provide the
sysadmin with advice of some sort to choose between them.

Both sound very useful to me.  Thanks to you both.

Ciao,
Jonathan