RFS: git fixes for squeeze

Friends, git users, mentors,

Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 18:47:40 -0600, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>> Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>>> Some quick changes for git in squeeze.
>>>
>>>  - Trivial fixes from upstream: memory leaks in cache_tree_free
>>>    and diff; confusing use of static buffer in setup_git_env;
>>>    dependence on signed int overflow semantics.
>>>
>>>  - Documentation formatting fixes (mostly stray backslashes in
>>>    manpages) to fix bugs #540001, #600422.
>>>
>>>  - Weaker dependencies for gitweb, so it can be used with nginx
>>>    without installing another webserver to satisfy dpkg.
>>>    Fixes bug #600413 (which is a regression from lenny and is
>>>    probably "serious"; sorry for the mislabeling).
>>
>> Forgot to mention:
>>
>>    - Another fix from upstream.
>>      gitweb: Reload configuration after each request.  This fixes
>>      a regression introduced by v1.7.2-rc2 in some gitolite setups.
>>
>>> Less urgent changes[3] not included, though should could be included if
>>> you want them.
>>
>> For "should could be included", please read "if any of the following
>> stands out as worthwhile, I'd be glad to happy to see it in unstable,
>> too.  None is urgent."
>
> Please go ahead with the urgent changes (I don't have time right now to
> go through the rest, so it's probably best to look at getting them in
> separately later).

Therefore I am looking to upload git 1:1.7.2.3-2.1 to unstable.
Gerrit seems to be on vacation, but I am guessing he would be happy
with the changes.

The package builds git, gitk, git-gui, gitweb, git-daemon-run, git-doc,
and git-email binary packages, plus a git-core transitional package,
a runit script in git-daemon-run, various packages for interaction
with other version control systems, and the git-all metapackage.

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/git/git_1.7.2.3-2.1.dsc
- git clone -b for-squeeze git://repo.or.cz/debian-git/jrn.git

I would be happy if you find a chance to look it over.

Regards,
Jonathan