Re: RFS: libgis - virtual globe library

On 2010-11-13 11:27, Benoît Knecht wrote:
>  - In debian/docs, remove the ChangeLog entry; it is installed and
>    gzipped automatically.

Fixed.

>  - You should delete debian/lintian.txt (after reading it :-) ).

Fixed.

>  - In debian/control, libgis-bin should depend on ${shlibs:Depends}
>    instead of listing all the libraries explicitly. And I don't think
>    libgis-doc should Depend on libgis (but it could Recommend it, and
>    libgis could Suggest libgis-doc).

Fixed, I set libgis-dev to suggest libgis-doc and libgis-doc to
recommend libgis0.

Also, this is slightly unrelated, but do you know why I get a lot of
errors of the form:

  dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfoo.so.0 could be avoided if
  "debian/libgis0/usr/lib/libgis0/map.so ..." were not uselessly linked
  against it (they use none of its symbols).

I've tried using -Wl,--as-needed hopping it would prevent these
warnings, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.