Re: Hello, and, (RFS) packaged!: rocaml (#451795)

Hi Arlen,

Thank you very much for your interest in Debian and I'm happy to welcome a new
contributor!

[...]
> Here's where you come in: *if* you could possibly review and criticise
> my work, I would be most appreciative. This is my first shot at
> packaging, and I'm sure there are a few places where I could use a
> pointer.

[...]

So here's some notes on your package:

- I think your "Suggests:" should be upgraded to a "Recommends:", because rocaml
  will be pretty useless without ruby and ocaml being installed.
- Your package should be Architecture: all, there is nothing platform-specific
  in this package.
- As this is a fresh package please consider to follow DEP-5 formatting
  guidelines for debian/copyright (http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/)
- No need to ship GPL and LICENSE files, the information is in debian/copyright
  already.
- You refer to rocaml as a binary when you really mean a script.
- debian/README.source: Read the contents of the file and act accordingly :-)
- I wonder whether you really need a Makefile; you could probably just do this
  via a debian/install and debian/dirs file; but that's a matter of taste.
- The upstream package ships and example and a test directory. It might be good
  to make use of both of them (that is, ship examples with the Debian package
  and run tests at build time).
- extconf.rb and all the examples and test files lack copyright and license
  information. Please pursue upstream to fix this right away, otherwise it
  cannot be distributed.

Hope this helps,
Michael