Re: RFS: pycam

Hi Lars,

Lars Kruse wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pycam".
>
> * Package name    : pycam
>   Version         : 0.4-1
>   Upstream Author : Lode Leroy, Lars Kruse (that's me)
> * URL             : http://pycam.sourceforge.net
> * License         : GPL3
>   Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> pycam      - CAM program & library written in Python

Here are the few issues I spotted in your package:

 - You have debian/{postinst,prerm} scripts, but they do not do
   anything. You should just delete them.

 - In debian/copyright, there is no email address for either of the
   maintainers (and Sebastian Kuzminsky's email is not formatted
   correctly). While you're at it, you should also add yourself to the
   packaging copyright.
   You may also want to use the DEP-5 format [1] for that file.

   [1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

 - lintian -I gives the following warnings:
     I: pycam source: quilt-patch-missing-description 00.remove_windows_install_script.patch
     I: pycam source: quilt-patch-missing-description 01.remove-superfluous-files-from-doc.patch
     I: pycam source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
   and these three about the man page:
     I: pycam: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/pycam.1.gz paramters parameters
     I: pycam: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/pycam.1.gz:248
     I: pycam: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/pycam.1.gz:261
   It would be nice if you could fix them.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht