RFS: libgis - virtual globe library

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libgis".

* Package name    : libgis
  Version         : 0.4.1-1
  Upstream Author : Andy Spencer (myself)
* URL             : http://lug.rose-hulman.edu/code/projects/libgis/wiki
* License         : GPL-3+
  Section         : science

It builds these binary packages:
libgis     - A Virtual Globe library
libgis-bin - Example programs for libgis
libgis-dev - Development files for libgis
libgis-doc - HTML documentation for libgis

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

  I am the primary developer (upstream) for this package and would like
  to make it easier to non-technical users to install and use.

  libgis is a "Virtual Globe" library which uses OpenGL to render an
  image of the earth using satellite and terrain data from publicly
  accessible servers. This is similar in concept to Google Earth and
  NASA World Wind, except implemented as a library.

  I am also working on a program called AWeather which I plan on
  packaging as well. The development of AWeather and libgis is closely
  tied and, as far as I know, aweather is currently the only program
  that uses libgis.

  Note: I am new to Debian and Debian packaging. This is my first
  attempt at putting a package together for libgis so it will probably
  need some work before it's all ready, especially since it's a library.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libgis/libgis_0.4.1-1.dsc

I would be glad if someone could review this package and provide advice
on anything that needs to be improved, and eventually uploaded it for me
as well.

Kind regards
 Andy Spencer