Re: RFS: clipit

Hi,

El dj 11 de 11 de 2010 a les 10:45 +0200, en/na Cristian Henzel va
escriure:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "clipit".
>
> * Package name    : clipit
>   Version         : 1.2.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Cristian Henzel <oss@web-tm.com>
> * URL             : http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkclipit/
> * License         : GPLv3
>   Section         : misc
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> clipit     - lightweight GTK+ clipboard manager

> The upload would fix these bugs: 603131
[...]

I'm not a DD, but here's my review for your package:

* Lintian: I: clipit source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
	You should add debian/watch file

* Lintian: W: clipit source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4
(current is 3.9.1)
	You should change this version in debian/control file

* debian/control:
	- If you want to use Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser fields, you should
uncomment the lines. If not, delete them.

* debian/menu:
	- You should add a debian/menu file

* debian/patches
	- You have an automatic patch in debian/patches/debian-changes-1.2.1-1
that indicates a difference between your upstream code and Debian
package code. If this patch is necessary it should have a better
description. If you want you can use quilt to manage your patches.

* source: It seems you link some libraries that are nou used, maybe you
can check this [1]

I hope my advises help you :-)

If any other person from the list sees a mistake in my review, "reviews
of my review" are welcomed!

Cheers.
--
Mònica

[1]
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be
avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libatk-1.0.so.0 could be avoided
if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if
"debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if
"debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided
if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgio-2.0.so.0 could be avoided
if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 could be
avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided if
"debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpango-1.0.so.0 could be
avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be
avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be
avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be
avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfreetype.so.6 could be avoided
if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be