Re: RFS: kstars-data-extra-tycho2 (third try)

Benoît Knecht wrote:
> Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
> > On Sábado 18 Septiembre 2010 22:38:23 Noel David Torres Taño escribió:
> > > Dear mentors,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "kstars-data-extra-tycho2".
> > >
> > > * Package name    : kstars-data-extra-tycho2
> > >   Version         : 1.1r1-1
> > >   Upstream Author : Akarsh Simha, Jason Harris <kstars-devel@kde.org>
> > > * URL             :
> > > http://edu.kde.org/kstars/downloads/tycho2_mag_12.5-1.1.tar.bz2
> > > * License         : GPL
>
> Well, as discussed in bug #597202, it's not really clear why the data
> would be GPL.
>
> [...]

A few more comments:

 - Your debian/docs file is empty; did you mean to add something there,
   like README.source for instance?

 - I don't think you need a patch just to create a Makefile. You can
   achieve the same result with a debian/install file.

 - Your debian/rules contains a typo: "%export DH_VERBOSE=1" instead of
   "#export DH_VERBOSE=1"; I'm also not sure why you're exporting
   DESTDIR.

 - You may want to rephrase the description in debian/control; the
   sentence "Installing this package avoids the need for the users to
   each one download the catalog for itself" sounds wrong (instead of
   "itself", I would write "themselves" or "him/herself"). But something
   like "Installing this package avoids the need for each user to
   individually download the whole catalog " might be even clearer.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht