Re: LibreOffice project: request for contributors and mentoring

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, David Nelson wrote:

Hi, :-)

I'm a member of the LibreOffice community. LibreOffice (LibO) is the office suite project of The Document Foundation (TDF), the community-driven organization that recently forked from the Oracle-managed OpenOffice.org project.

TDF/LibO is currently working on its branding and on its artwork for the LibreOffice distribution. We are currently very short of GRAPHIC ARTISTS.

Notably, right now, we urgently need creative talent to help us design artwork for our websites. We need to develop a logo, and - hopefully - a MASCOT along the lines of Linux's Tux, to act as a "living" ambassador that achieves lasting recognition of our brand and products in people's minds.

That's exciting!

I suggest talking to the Fedora Design Team <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design> team. Good luck! Feel free to CC: me on these efforst if you want; I'm always happy to watch nice people interact. (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
Fine day for friends.
So-so day for you.