Re: RFS: taskcoach - useful task manager - new - python app

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010, Alejandro Garrido Mota wrote:
> > My motivation for maintaining this package is: I use this application
> > like my personal task manager,.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> > main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/taskcoach/taskcoach_1.2.2-1.dsc
>
> Just downloaded it to have a quick look and noticed that it build-depends
> on libcurl3-dev. Why?
>
> Even for an "initial release", you can put some comments in
> debian/changelog explaining your initial packaging choices and the
> unusual work you did (writing/applying a patch falls in this category).

Also /usr/share/pyshared/taskcoachlib/thirdparty contains python code
grabbed from third parties, i.e. those are embedded libraries and we
try to avoid those in particular if they have already been packaged
separately in Debian.

You want to check those one by one and use the officially packaged variant
when it exists (i.e. replacing the files with symlinks towards the
official package).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)