RFS: dbxml

Dear Mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dbxml".

* Package name    : dbxml
  Version         : 2.5.16-1
  Upstream Author : Oracle
* URL             : http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/db/index.html
* License         : BSD and Apache 1.1
  Section         : unknown

It builds these binary packages:
dbxml-doc - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Documentation [html]
dbxml-util - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Utilities
libdbxml - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries [runtime]
libdbxml-dbg - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries [debug]
libdbxml-dev - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries [development]
libdbxml-java - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries for Java
libdbxml-java-dev - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries for Java [development]
libdbxml-java-gcj - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries for Java (native code)
libdbxml-tcl - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries for Tcl [module]
libsleepycat-dbxml-perl - Oracle Berkeley DB XML Libraries for Perl [module]

The package is not yet lintian clean, but some of the errors are in parts that are not used.

The upload would fix these bugs: 573859

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

I use this package, especially the Perl bindings, in a software project. I created this package because I always like common open source libraries/programs I use to be installed in a clean way. I create packages on a semi regular basis and want to start maintaining some of these in Debian. Since this package was requested by both Debian and Ubuntu users I thought it would be a nice place to start.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dbxml/dbxml_2.5.16-1.dsc

I used db4.8 as an example and created the java and tcl specific packages in the same way. As I don't have a lot of experience with both of those languages it would be nice if someone could check if the binary packages work correctly. I can confirm the Perl bindings work as expected and thus the libdbxml and libsleepycat-dbxml-perl packages should work correctly. It would be great if someone would upload this package for me.

Kind regards
 Jeroen Koekkoek